- Sesquipedalian–use overly long words. Like polysyllabic, but I love the way the word commits its definition
- shingled–can’t you just see those cucumbers slapped on a serving tray like shingles on a roof
- Sitzfleisch–ability to sit patiently for hours doing one thing when you could be doing a million others. Story of my life
- tarradiddle–pretentious nonsense. Another of those words that sounds like its def.
- tintinnabulation–tinkling sound. I hear the tintinnabulation of bells–let’s just call it the ‘tintin’
- triskaidekaphobia–who would know there’s a word for the fear of the number ’13’. I love English
- verbolatry–it’s what this list does–worships words
- Zeitgeist–the spirit of the time. Writers: this must be captured for an effective historic novel.