I’m on vacation this week, madly trying to meet a deadline that just isn’t going to happen unless I work (in the words of Janet Napolitano) 24/7 364 days a year (I took Christmas off, too). I’ll be back next year.
For those eager to reinvigorate that writing energy, here are the hottest tips last year:
- Writer’s Tip #2: Ban Weak Adverbs
- Writers Tip #5: Beware the gerund
- Writer’s Tip #1: Use ‘Was’ Only Twice Per Page
- Writer’s Tip #3: Watch Out For Bouncing Eyes
- Writer’s Tip #4: When to Follow Rules
- Writer’s Tip #30: Too Many Prepositional Phrases
- Writer’s Tip #15: Make Descriptions in Character’s POV
- Writer’s Tip #19: Give Your Characters Their Heads
- Writer’s Tip #12: Know Your Character
- Writer’s Tip #8: Don’t Over-describe
What are you doing about your writing for the holidays?