This column shares the most popular posts from my Ask a Tech Teacher blog this past month:
Here’s a great list of Special Needs websites. Click the link for an updated library:
- Occupational Therapy–a long list of great apps including stress, social skills building, and more
- Read&Write–for students with dyslexia or English language learners who struggle with reading and writing.
- Signed Stories–beautiful stories in sign language
- Speech Therapy and Language Apps–apps like Conversation Builder, StoryBuilder, Tense Builder, Rainbow Sentences, designed for kids who need a different approach
- Autism browser—Zac Browser
- Click-free Browsing – Chrome extension link
- CraftyCursor – Chrome extension link
- Caret Browsing – Chrome extension link
- CrxMouse – Chrome extension link\
- LipSurf – Chrome extension link
- Vimium – Chrome extension link
My #1 Go-go site: Carol Leynse Harpold at OTs with Apps and Technology
More on special needs
Jacqui Murray is the author of the popular Building a Midshipman, the story of her daughter’s journey from high school to United States Naval Academy, the Man vs. Nature saga, and the Rowe-Delamagente thrillers. She is also the author/editor of over a hundred books on integrating tech into education, adjunct professor of technology in education, blog webmaster, an Amazon Vine Voice, a columnist for NEA Today, and a freelance journalist on tech ed topics. Look for her next prehistoric fiction, Laws of Nature, Summer 2021.