A lot of teacher-authors read WordDreams. In this monthly column, I share a popular post from my teacher education blog, Ask a Tech Teacher.
A High School Driver’s Ed teacher was taking one of my grad school classes and wondered what websites I suggested to augment his in-person and remote classes. There are some great ones! Check these:
- Crash Test Simulator
- Driver Education and Training Videos
- Edriving–driving simulations
- Operation Lifesaver
- Simulated driving (fee)
Driving and Texting
For a focus on this frightening topic, try some of these with your own children or grandchildren of driving age:
It can wait — video showing simulation of driver distracted by texting
- Texting etc–Chicken Road YouTube
- Texting–a game that gauges your distraction while driving and texting
- Texting and Driving–video on the real-life implications
- Texting While Walking–from the NYT, a video op-ed
The Last Text –video
- Wait for it — very sad video about texting and driving
Click here for updates to this list.
Jacqui Murray is the author of the popular prehistoric fiction saga, Man vs. Nature which explores seminal events in man’s evolution one trilogy at a time. She is also the author of the Rowe-Delamagente thrillers and Building a Midshipman, the story of her daughter’s journey from high school to United States Naval Academy. Her non-fiction includes over a hundred books on integrating tech into education, reviews as an Amazon Vine Voice, a columnist for NEA Today, and a freelance journalist on tech ed topics. Look for her next prehistoric fiction, Natural Selection Winter 2022.