The next few weeks, my wonderful efriends are helping me launch my latest prehistoric fiction, Natural Selection. Early reviews…
“Once again, Ms. Murray has woven prehistory into a lovely, understandable story.” –Sandra Cox, author of Geller’s Find and other time travel Westerns
“Murray excels at bringing prehistoric tribes and animals to life—all of them are impressively dimensional characters.” –Carrie Rubin, author of Fatal Rounds and other medical thrillers
“Your best ever”–husby (you say he said the same thing last time? I don’t remember)
I’ll be visiting writer friend blogs October 24th-November 6th, and then continue with the occasional “I’m Traveling” visits through May 2023. We’ll chat about Natural Selection and writing in general. Here are articles you can read in alphabetic order. The first fifteen are about Lucy’s prehistoric world and the last six are about writing in general. In the calendar, you’ll find links to the blogs where they appear:
- A [Prehistoric] Day with Lucy
- Could an almost-blind person get around feral Africa?
- Did wanderlust drive man’s diaspora throughout the planet? Science thinks so.
- Early Man Can Talk. Change my Mind.
- Early Man Could Run Down His Prey. Change my Mind.
- How Did Early Man Count?
- How did Early Man Find His Way Around
- How Did Early Man Tell Time?
- How Smart was Lucy 2 mya
- Prehistoric fiction is boring. Change my mind.
- Was Early Man Spiritual
- What Did Early Man Eat?
- What I learned from Lucy
- Why did Early Man Squat, not Sit?
- Why didn’t Early Man Use Proper Nouns?
- 10 Characteristics of Great Writing
- 10 Things you probably don’t know about me (Marcia Meara)
- 13 Writing Tips and 10 Criticisms I’ve Gotten from Twitter
- 5 Excuses Why Writers Don’t Write and 9 Ways to Overcome Them
- 60+ Characteristics That Make Your Character Memorable
- Why Follow Genre Rules (OC Writing)
Here’s the schedule of who I’ll visit when:
For best viewing, open links in a separate tab (either right click or Ctr+click mouse wheel)
Take time to browse the host’s blog. All are fellow writers, kindred spirits, and offer a great way to build your own community with motivated authors.
Natural Selection by Jacqui Murray,
Book 3 in the Dawn of Humanity trilogy
Book 6 in the Man vs. Nature series
Editor: The extraordinary Anneli Purchase
I’ve closed comments, but please share your thoughts on the sites of the amazing folks on the tour. If you need to reach me, I’m at askatechteacher at gmail dot com.
Enjoy the delicious Black Rifle coffee!
Copyright ©2022 worddreams.wordpress.com – All rights reserved.
Jacqui Murray is the author of the popular prehistoric fiction saga, Man vs. Nature which explores seminal events in man’s evolution one trilogy at a time. She is also the author of the Rowe-Delamagente thrillers and Building a Midshipman, the story of her daughter’s journey from high school to United States Naval Academy. Her non-fiction includes over a hundred books on integrating tech into education, reviews as an Amazon Vine Voice, a columnist for NEA Today, and a freelance journalist on tech ed topics. Look for her next prehistoric fiction, Savage Land, Winter 2024.