As a working writer, I spend hours every week editing my own writing and searching for the most useful tips to improve my art. Once a week, I’ll share one of those tips with you. They’re always brief and always focused.
To subscribe, simply click here. It’ll take you to the subscription form.
Here are the ten most popular Writers Tips last year:
- Writer’s Tip #2: Ban Weak Adverbs
- Writers Tip #5: Beware the gerund
- Writer’s Tip #1: Use ‘Was’ Only Twice Per Page
- Writer’s Tip #3: Watch Out For Bouncing Eyes
- Writer’s Tip #4: When to Follow Rules
- Writer’s Tip #30: Too Many Prepositional Phrases
- Writer’s Tip #15: Make Descriptions in Character’s POV
- Writer’s Tip #19: Give Your Characters Their Heads
- Writer’s Tip #12: Know Your Character
- Writer’s Tip #8: Don’t Over-describe